Monday 7 July 2008

June 22nd - The Oaks, Poplars

It’s been a while since I last updated so I’ve a few to add in, firstly would be my dismal trip to The Oaks. We had a club match on Poplars and I drew peg 9 which wasn’t a bad draw but I’d have preferred somewhere near the main road in the twenties.


My plan for the day was to fish tight to the island, catch a few carp early on with pellet over micros and in the meantime spray casters out to another spot on the island where I could target the Ide for the rest of the match. The first half an hour went well, I managed to pick up 3 or 4 small carp and a couple of Ide on pellet before the wind picked up and knocked all my plans out of the window. To cut a long story short I packed the pole away to stop it getting broken seeing as I was off to White Acres the following Friday and set up the bomb to fish the island. I weighed In a poor 9lb 8oz and it was certainly a match to be forgotten!

No comments: